Welcome to ISEA.
From an operational risk management perspective, a professional escrow arrangement is the only proper re-assurance that software that is vital to the survival of business will not become 'orphanware'.
Gartner, for example, describes technology escrow as a smart and effective component of a business continuity strategy designed to protect mission critical applications in an ever-changing environment because it mitigates the risk of a organisation or governmental institution being entirely dependent on software over which they have limited or no control.
For more information on ISEA please feel free to browse our website:
The purpose of The International Software Escrow Association (ISEA) is to:
- promote co-operation and synergies in the industry for the benefit of all who have an interest in information technology dependency, operation risk management and corporate good governance;
- agree quality guidelines and standards to the benefit of ISEA members and clients alike;
- provide for a body of knowledge that will assist ISEA members in maintaining the highest professional standards for delivering software escrow services;
- provide a platform for rendering cross border services to fellow ISEA members on a consistent and mutually supportive basis;
- monitor industry developments so that commercial and governmental organisations that are dependent on software products for their survival are assured of software escrow best practice when they elect to work with an ISEA member.